WCB & WCAT Appeal Preparation
September 18 & 19, 2018
If you or your company is considering participating in oral hearings in the WCB/WCAT appeal process then this course is a must have! Participation by employers in appeals is one of the most important aspects of the WCB system and employers should be involved.
This 2-day training course will cover important planning, preparation steps and processes to ready you for appeal participation.
Join OEA NS, McInnes Cooper, Wickwire Holm and system partners from Workers’ Compensation Appeals Tribunal (WCAT), Workers’ Advisers Program (WAP), and WCB’s Internal Appeals Department for classroom style learning and view mock conference calls and an oral hearing. Participants will leave with practical and useful information to assist them to participate more confidently and expertly in appeals involving their company. Participants will have many opportunities to be involved in discussions and ask questions. A workshop folder will provide important information to review long after the session.
The program includes and will cover:
- · An overview of the WCB legislation
- · Expert advice, information and answers, to employers about WCB appeals at Internal Appeals (IA) and the Workers’ Compensation Appeals Tribunal (WCAT)
- · The role of the Hearing Officer, WCAT Commissioner and Registrar, WAP
- · Deciding to appeal, what considerations should the employer make
- · Understanding the appeal process from start to completion including preparation
- · Appeals involving unique medical issues
- · Mock conference calls and a mock oral hearing demonstration
Date: September 18 and 19, 2018
Presenters: WCB, WCAT, WAP, WCB Internal Appeals, McInnes Cooper Law Firm, Wickwire Holm, & OEA NS
Both Days: 8:30 a.m. to 4:15 p.m.
Doors open each day at 8:00 am
Price: $200 / day
Payments accepted via cash, cheque or credit card
Lunch, breaks and all material are included in fee
Location: Future Inns Halifax, 30 Fairfax Drive, Halifax, Nova Scotia, B3S 1P1 (www.futureinns.com)
Free parking available on site
See here for full Cancellation Policy. Email Joy for any questions you may have as well or for more information.
Please do not contact WCB, WCAT or any of the presenters to register.