OEA NS Society -McInnes Cooper 10th Anniversary Employer Conference
Our Society 10th Anniversary Employer Conference in partnership with McInnes Cooper Law firm promises to be a valuable decade of celebration and learning experience for employers and business association representatives. Registration is now open so Register today - seating is limited!
November 13th and 14th, 2018
Cineplex Cinemas Dartmouth Crossing
145 Shubie Drive
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
Day 1 (Nov. 13, 2018): 8:30am—4:30pm
Day 2 (Nov. 14, 2018): 8:30am—4:15pm
Agenda: Click Here for Full Agenda
Early Bird Registration– Till October 29, 2018
$300 / day
$550 for both days
Regular Pricing – Beginning October 29, 2018
$335 / day
$600 for both day
Due to limited seating, no registration is confirmed until payment is received.
Please refer to the OEA full cancellation policy
Lunch, breaks and all material are included in fee.
Group Rate Discounts:
Register 3 or more people from the same organization and receive $25 off the 3rd person.
Combine this offer with our early bird pricing and get a total of $75 off the 2 days!
Note: Please do not contact McInnes Cooper to register. Registration only available through OEA.
Agenda: Click Here for Full Agenda
Agenda at a glance:
Dr. Christopher Martin
Professor of Medicine and Occupational Medicine and Director of the Global Engagement Office for the Health Sciences Center at West Virginia University
Dr. Martin will offer two presentations at the Conference:
Session 1: What is a Dangerous Job?
Session 2: Determining Work-Relatedness: Inside the Mind of a WCB Medical Consultant
- View his Full bio Here
Dr. Carlos Davidovich
Vice President, Optimum Talent
Executive Coaching and NeuroManagement Expert
Dr. Davidovich will be doing a two-part presentation entitled "From overwhelmed to flourishing - How to leverage your different “brains” to thrive"
View details of the session here
- OEA NS Society Stakeholder Session
Mary Morris, OEA NS Executive Director, will review our first decade of OEA NS Society and look ahead at what is next
Conference Trade Show
- This year we will also be having vendor tables set up in the lobby of our venue showcasing different services for employers.
- Employers will have an opportunity to walk around and visit the booths first thing in the morning and during the multiple breaks throughout the day.
- It is a great opportunity to make connections and explore different opportunities for your business.
- If you would like to set up a vendor table on Day 1 or Day 2 of the conference (or both) please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to book a table (limited space available so email today!)
- Trade Show opening: 7:30am Day 1 and Day 2
McInnes Cooper Labour and Employment Group
- Brad Proctor and Katie Roebothan will be doing a 10 Year Review of Employment Issues
- Also join lawyer, John MacPherson, for a presentation on Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and Mental Health
- Lawyer, David Fraser, will be presenting on Social Media / IT Policy in the Workplace
- And another speaker (to be announced) will be presenting on Termination in the Workplace
- Hear first hand experience from employers issues navigating complex WCB claims, the process, the issues, the resolution
- Employers will have a chance to ask questions and take note on what worked and what didn't.
More sessions will be announced!
This Conference is going to be our best yet so be sure to register today and stay tuned as more information is announced!