Continuing Education Policy
We offer full, half day, lunch and learn and conference eduction and training programs. We offer programs in our training room, or in a variety of off site locations tailored to the needs of employers in all regions of the province. Our programs focus on Workers' Compensation, Occupational Health & Saftey, Labour and Employment issues, Appeals and Human Rights. Contact email@example.com for more information.
This Policy respecting Continuing Education applies to OEA sponsored training, conferences and education events.
- Registration for all education, training and conferences is on a first-come, first serve basis and must be accompanied by full payment. Where education and training is fully sponsored by an employer for their worksite, registration will be co-ordinated through the sponsoring employer.
- Registration and payment must be received five (5) working days prior to the program date.
- Registration is not confirmed until payment is received by OEA.
- When a program has reached the registration limits a waiting list will be generated. In the event of another registrant’s cancellation, the next person on the waiting list will be contacted.
- Registration generally includes: program materials and break refreshments. For full day, "lunch and learn" and conference programs, the registration fee includes a lunch.
- Cancellations must be received no later than 10 working days prior to the program date to be eligible for a 75% refund of registration fees.
- No refunds will be issued after this date.
- If you are confirmed as being registered for a program and do not attend, you are responsible for the full registration fee unless you have cancelled according to the terms stated above.
- If you are unable to attend, after registering, you may send a substitute up to and including the day of the program. Please provide the substitute's name to our office in advance.
- OEA NS reserves the right to cancel any program and will, in such event, issue a full refund to registrants/payee. Every effort will be made to give registrants a reasonable notice of cancellation.
- No liability is assumed by the organization for changes in program dates, content, speakers or venue.
Method of Payment
OEA does not charge HST. We accept cheques (made out to OEA NS), money orders and bank transfers for payment. We do not accept credit card payments.
Invoices & Receipts
Invoices are available upon request. All registrations (full payment received) will be issued receipts.
All personal information collected will be kept strictly confidential unless otherwise specified. Personal information will not be sold, or otherwise disclosed unless consent has been provided.
Materials used in the delivery of the continuing education program are provided to OEA NS for use by employers. Unless as otherwise noted, these materials are the subject of copyright ownership. Infringement of copyright and other intellectual property is strictly prohibited.
OEA NS makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, including without limitation, conditions of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose of the information and materials provided by OEA NS. The continuing education program may contain information provided by third –party sources. Efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided. No warranty, express or implied, is offered as to the accuracy of the information available.