Continuing Education Policy Information / Policy
We offer full, half day, lunch and learn and conference eduction and training programs. We offer programs in our training room, or in a variety of off site locations tailored to the needs of employers in all regions of the province. Our programs focus on Workers' Compensation, Occupational Health & Safety, Labour and Employment issues, Appeals and Human Rights. Contact email@example.com for more information.
This Policy respecting Continuing Education applies to OEA sponsored training, conferences and education events.
- Registration is on a first-come, first serve basis and is not confirmed until payment is made in full.
- Individual registration is for single/individual use and no combining/splitting of registrations is permitted. Replacement/substitution of a registrant, for another individual is permitted, however, only for the full program.
- Fees advertised are for individual registrations.
- Contact OEA NS Society for fees related to group or customized training.
- All registrations will have the applicable HST added.
- Registration and payment must be received five (5) working days prior to the course date.
- When a course has reached its registration limits a waiting list will be generated. In the event of another registrants cancellation the next person on the waiting list will be contacted, should they still wish to participate.
- Registration may include: course presentation, name tag and reference materials. Due to the duration/length of some programs a meal may also be included. Check with OEA NS Society for full registration details at time of registration.
Cancellation Policy – Individual and Groups
- All cancellations must be received no later than 10 working days prior to the course date to be eligible for a 75% refund of registration fees.
- No refunds will be issued after this date.
- If an individual or a group register for a course and do not attend or provide cancellation notice as required, the individual, or the group are liable for the full registration fee unless the individual or the group cancel according to the terms stated above.
- If an individual is unable to attend after registering, the individual may send a substitute up to and including the day of the course. Please provide a name for nametag and records.
- OEA NS Society reserves the right to cancel any course and will: in such event, a full refund to registration fees will be given. Every effort will be made to give registrants a reasonable notice of cancellation.
- No liability is assumed by the organized for changes in course dates, content, speakers or venue.
- All personal information collected will be kept strictly confidential unless otherwise specified. Personal information will not be sold, or otherwise disclosed unless consent has been provided
- Materials used in the delivery of the continuing education program are provided to OEA NS for use by employers. Unless as otherwise noted, these materials may be the subject of copyright ownership. Infringement of copyright and other intellectual property is strictly prohibited
- OEA NS Society makes no warranties or representations, express or implied, including without limitation, conditions of merchantability, or fitness for a particular purpose of the information and materials provided by OEA NS. The continuing education program may contain information provided by third –party sources. Efforts have been made to ensure the accuracy of the information provided. No warranty, express or implied, is offered as to the accuracy of the information available